When Built: Spring of 1959
In the mid 1960's the beach had a number of smaller concrete animals placed in various locations that kids could play on. The smaller animals are now gone and the beach has reverted to a wilder and neglected state. The moose remains however and is a great local landmark.
The Plaque at the Moose reads:
"The Cow Bay 'Moose'. Erected by Winston Bronnum in the Spring of 1959, this famous landmark stands guard over Cow Bay and Silver Sands Beach. The Moose was restored in the Summer of 1992, in celebration of Canada's 125. Friends of the Moose"
Winston Bronnum also designed the Shediac, NB Lobster , the St. John, NB Horse , the Penobsquis, NB Race Horse , the Maugerville, NB Potato , and the St. Thomas, ON Jumbo the Elephant .
Information Source: Canada's Gigantic! by Henri Robideau and Phil Morash
Pictures Source: Jim Stewart