Town of St. Walburg, Saskatchewan

Count Berthold Von Imhoff

Imhoff - © May 2004 David YanciwImhoff - © May 2004 David Yanciw
Designer: Susanna Thalheimer Velder

When Built: 1998

Dimensions:
Lifesize

Construction Materials:
Bronze

Location:
West side of Highway #26, next to the information Center and across from the school.

Reason for Building:

Additional Information:

The plaque reads:
"Count Berthold Von Imhoff Artist 1869-1939.
"This statue is dedicated to the peoples who forged the communities of Northwest Saskatchewan and to the memory of Wilfred August Willy whose dream is realized in this completion.
"Our thanks to the many who contributed and in particular, sculptor Susanna Thalheimer Velder
"St. Walburg Tourism & Heritage Society May 1998."

Here is a photo of the back of the saddle to show the level of detail:
Imhoff - © May 2004 David Yanciw

Information Source: Plaque at Statue and Richard W. Donnan

Picture Source: DMY

BACK TO BIG THINGS IN SASKATCHEWAN


Created By DMY on August 18, 1999
Last Updated: May 14, 2004