Big Foot or Sasquatch or Mutant Hitch Hiker
When Built: Late 1950's or early 1960's. Moved to present location in 1982.
Erected by a gas station and restaurant to entice people to stop.
As far as the current owners are aware, the statue was made by a man who visited the area. It took him an entire summer to make it.
Surprisingly, even though it is pretty heavy, this monument seems to move around a bit. It was located in the nearby community of Waldhof until 1982, when it was purchased by Liz and Max Lang to place in front of their gas station.
There is a speaker inside the figure with a microphone at the garage so that "Big Foot" can occasionaly talk to people who stop and take their picture in front of it.
Information Sources: Liz and Max Lang, Sharon Winzoski Jewett and Canada's Gigantic! by Henri Robideau
Pictures Sources: Regan Paynter